Init Manager Program¶
What is IMP?¶
IMP is an abstraction layer for the various init systems available for Source Mage GNU/Linux.
It manages the installation and removal of init scripts as well as providing a way to enable or disable them.
- fix IMP: most of the code is written, but there are bugs, some missing parts and improvements can be made.
- mostly done, we're currently checking and updating the scripts for simpleinit
- remove sorcery functions for init scripts and have spells call imp instead.
- currently pondering the best way to do this
- add support for upstart: scripts have to be written for IMP
- some jobs (upstart init scripts) have been created and imp-data-upstart is being tested
- add support for systemd scripts have to be written for IMP and smgl-imp-data-systemd has to be created
- the systemd spell has been created and is being tested
- documentation: it's not hard to use IMP, but a manpage and/or some docs are useful.
- any volunteers? ;)